Pico De Gallo




So I thought I'd share something I made for dinner tonight!
Pico de Gallo has to be one my favorite parts of Mexican food.
It is a fresh delicious mix of tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and a few other things and works great as an appetizer!
Believe it or not, it is my first time making it, despite seeing my mom make it all the time
What I realized is that it is incredibly easy to make (minus cutting up onion) and healthy! 
It was so tasty with the fajitas we made yummm!


Here is the recipe: 

  • 6 plum tomatoes (diced)
  • 1/2 red onion (minced) 
  • 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro 
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded & minced.. you could also add the whole pepper for some added kick) 
  • 1/2 lime (juiced) 
  • 1 clove of pressed garlic (I added two large cloves.. just because I love garlic!) 
  • pinch of garlic powder 
  • pinch of cumin 
  • salt & pepper to taste
Mix it all together and put in the fridge for 1-3 hours! it tastes even better the next day!


Enjoy! 

2 comments

  1. I looooove Mexican food! Especially Tacos (homemade of course), a well made guacamole (YUMM YUMM) and of course pico de gallo con fajitas! :p Or should I say, pretty much everything??? haha
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    http://kalieta.servhome.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I was actually just thinking about how I was craving homemade salsa...

    www.saturday-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall