I love baking but for some reason I don't make cakes very often.
However, since it was my boyfriend and I's 24th birthday yesterday I thought it was fitting to make one.
I tried this a couple months back when my aunt made it for me for my going away party to Alberta and I fell in love.
It is absolutely DELICIOUS! It's full of alcohol and chocolate.. so whats not to love?
For the recipe you will need:
- a bundt pan
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 package (6 oz) of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup of oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of Vodka
- 1/3 cup of Kahlua
- 3/4 cup of water ( you can omit the water and just put more Vodka/Kahlua... I put water and more alcohol and it turned out fine)
For the glaze you will need:
- 1/4 cup of Kahlua (yes more booze)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients until all mixed together
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes
- Let the cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes
- Put cake on plate and pour glaze and sprinkle powdered sugar