During my moving process a month or so ago, I realized my closet was seriously lacking in black essentials. I know its crazy to think about because most women are obsessed with black since it looks good on everyone and of course its slimming but I am sad to say I do not own much.
I think its my love of colour that has made me stay away from black. I think I was so preoccupied with not wanting to be one of those girls that only sticks to "safe" colours that I've completely ignored this staple.
Out of my wardrobe I think I have 5 or 6 items that are black and most of them are very old.
What I'm missing and what I think is essential in any wardrobe are above and as follows,
- a very well fitting black tank/tee - This is an absolute essential to help you layer items and give dressier items are more casual look.
- A cardigan- I love the above cardigan from Aritzia and I'm probably the only girl I know that doesn't have that exact one. I have one or two but they are very old.
- A leather jacket- I have always bought "faux" leather jackets mainly because of my budget but I'm hoping to save and get a great one.
- A maxi- I have yet to find a black maxi that I'm in love with.. I need to make one mine!
- Jeans- I have one pair of black jeans but I'm not really in love with them and would like to switch it up.
- LBD- of course the little black dress is a must. I only have one to call my own and it has been in my wardrobe for quite some time. I need one that's very basic and timeless.
Do you any of you have this problem with a lack of black in your wardrobe? or maybe a lack of colour?