The other day I decided to experiment a little bit for dinner. I've actually never had couscous before this recipe and it was about time I did. I found this recipe on the box and the result was delicious! It calls for fresh, healthy ingredients.. whats not to love?
For the couscous you will need:
- 1 cup of couscous (I used the PC Marrakech couscous)
- 1/4 cup of roasted garlic olive oil (I just roasted garlic and mixed it with olive oil)
- 1 cup of chicken stock (use the healthier version)
- 1 cup of chopped cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- In small saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Place couscous in large bowl. Pour hot chicken stock over. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes
- Fluff couscous with a fork. One at a time, stir in tomatoes, green onions, oil, parsley and lemon juice
- You're done!
For the kabobs we really just threw it all together. Since the boyfriend and I are not the biggest fan of veggies I stuck to red peppers, onion and mushrooms. You can put anything you desire but thats what we did.
For the marinade, I used a garlic and herb marinade from PC (lazy I know) but my lovely blogger friend Miss Kait has a wonderful recipe here, that is DELICIOUS and would work wonderfully for these kabobs. The only reason I stuck to something quick was because I had no time to keep it marinading.
It was an amazing dinner that I'm definately going to try again!