I have a serious weakness for soup, especially when it is a spicy soup!
One of my friends introduced me to this recipe and the result was spicy but delicious!
It was the perfect meal for the increasingly chilly nights.
You will need:
- can of cream of celery soup (10 oz)
- 2 medium sized potatoes (peeled)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped, I used 2 peppers just because I like it spicy)
- 1 plum tomato (chopped, I used 2 because I love tomatoes)
- 9-10 pieces of cooked bacon (chopped up)
- sour cream
- green onions (chopped)
- boil potatoes until cooked
- remove from water, mash and add butter and 1/2 cup of milk then puree with food processor/blender
- in a large pot, combine potatoes, cream of celery soup, milk, chili powder, salt & pepper, jalapenos, and 3-4 pieces of bacon
- stir over medium heat for 15 minutes
- add cheese and stir until combined
- add tomatoes and let sit for 5 minutes
- remove from heat and with each portion add bacon, desired sour cream, green onions and cheese.