transitioning your wardrobe

kimono: urban outfitters (this colour sold out online but other colour below) // tee: aritzia // pants: joe fresh (old) // sunglasses: ray-ban // watch: michael kors // wedges: aldo (old) 

How is it Monday already? 
This weekend went by far too quickly, but I can't complain since the wild west was gifted with some pretty amazing weather! I was kinda sweating wearing this outfit but I wanted to help answer Fashion Magazine's Style Panel question on how I transition my wardrobe from summer to fall. Now from what I realized from living in Alberta for almost 2 years (wow!) is that it can go from summer to WINTER very quickly. The fall season here is a little depressing as it can snow.. well I should say it will snow in October. Just thinking of that white snow is making me feel kinda queezy! I seriously miss all the beautiful colours that fall can bring. 
ANYWAYS, when it comes to transitioning my wardrobe, I do it subtly. I don't believe in totally putting away your bright colours until next summer. There is nothing wrong with mixing up fall colours with brighter ones. I've had this kimono for a few months, but surprisingly it is the first time it is making an appearance on the blog. I've worn it countless times this summer and I think it's one of those great transitioning pieces. If it gets too warm, you can always take it off. These fall appropriate pants can easily go with some lighter brighter hues. It's all about functionality when it comes to my wardrobe. 

Also in other news, I FINALLY made myself a Facebook page for the blog! Make sure to follow to get your fix! ;) Follow here! 



13 comments

  1. This is a gorgeous kimono, love the colours in it!! Definitely the perfect transition piece :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I don't think you need to all of a sudden wear fall colors and forget about Summer. Like we do still have a month left! This is a lovely look. That kimono is beautiful and loving the wedges. Great look! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Kimono! It's super pretty :) Our summer can turn into fall over night sometimes. So I usually don't really get to do much transitioning, haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! This is seriously the perfect transiton-to-fall outfit. Great kimono!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this kimono! you styled it so perfectly Mel.

    Tash
    www.style-isle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kimono esp how colorful it is! Great cargo pants!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally with you on transitioning to fall, rather than simply shoving all of the summery clothes at once under the bed and wearing head-to-toe fall colours.

    That's a great kimono and I actually bought one a little while ago because it's perfect for summer and fall!

    xoxo Jackie
    http://somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking fab as always! Such a cute wrap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sweet!
    Love the cardigan :)! xoxo:Yvett,Fashion blog PS: Follow me via Bloglovin': http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4669937/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the cargo pants, perfect for fall!!

    http://quennavu.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing, I love that Kimono on you! And yes, shopping date soon please!!! When are you coming to Edmo next? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect combination Melanie! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit :)

    www.semjeitonenhum.com

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall