the classic button down


button down: gap // jeans: citizens of humanity // hat: gap (old) // flats: aldo // clutch: gap (recent) // necklace: james michelle // watch: michael kors 

There's a reason some things are classics. 
The white button down is definitely one of them. Admittedly, I have a hard time finding one that fits well and I finally found one recently from the Gap. If you don't own one of these, I highly suggest you do! Whether it's a more boyfriend fit or classic it's definitely something worth investing in. 
This week's Fashion Magazine Style Panel question asked us how we can take this classic and make it fresh. I thought it would be fun to pair it with some fall accessories. The clutch and hat give the shirt an updated look. Seriously though, how amazing is this clutch? I saw it online and literally gasped and had to have it. It's all leather and under $50! It's a little better on my wallet than the Clare Vivier one (as much as I really want that one). Fashion problems...haha

Hope you have a great start to your Monday! 

10 comments

  1. Such a classic, chic outfit. Love the button down, I have a hard time finding ones that fit properly as well
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit. Loving the flats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hat. So cool! Very few can actually pull it off.

    Hollaaa
    http://www.memoirsofanesha.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this outfit is divine, so classic and chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how classic and stylish your outfit is. The hat is perfect!

    I also have a very hard time finding button downs that fit me properly. A lot of the time, I have to wear them unbuttoned for a more casual look because they look funny on me.

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. White button-downs are definitely a wonderful wardrobe staple-they can be styled in so many ways! Love that hat you're wearing!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look! The clutch and hat add a great touch!

    http://justaddcakeuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the cutest — I love everything about this look! That 3rd pic makes my heart happy :)

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall