make a statement lady


jacket: gap (recent) // shirt: joe fresh // skirt: h&m (similar here) // booties: aldo (old) // bag: joe fresh // necklace: h&m // sunglasses: ray-ban // watch: michael kors 

Mondays are usually pretty tough, but for us Canadians it's Thanksgiving so we get to have a day off to recover from a very large coma inducing meal. Luckily for me, today will be my third Thanksgiving meal. I'm just so beyond thankful to be here with my family and friends to enjoy their company I've missed so much ( I haven't been home since Christmas!). There really is no place like home
Anyway, I thought it would be nice to dress like a classy lady for today's post. I rarely get to dress up so  I'm glad I have my blog to have an excuse to do it. I also gave in and wore tights, although these photos were taken right before I left the wild west. The weather here in Ontario has been pretty fantastic so far so I might have to retire the tights again haha. 
On another note, how amazing is this jacket from Gap? They've been killing it lately in my opinion. I instantly fell in love with the pattern and colour. Surprisingly I don't have anything in this sort of colour so it was a good enough excuse for me to get it.. who's with me? 

Have a great Monday everyone!

17 comments

  1. Amen!!! You have been killing it in your outfit posts and so has the Gap. Stellar! Enjoy the holiday xx.

    Ps- email me about when you're coming to Houston, would love to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great Monday off! Love that jacket, especially with that skirt :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this combination!! That jacket is pretty wonderful
    Enjoy the nice weather and your family time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Thanksgiving is the best isn't it? Family and good food. Oh, and I fully support your purchase. The blue is a fun pop of color and the pattern adds the perfect touch. I really hope the weather starts cooperating, because if there's one thing I love, it's tights!

    I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look lovely!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this look - that jacket adds such a great touch!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Shannon
    www.clothesandquotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look! I'm absolutely in LOVE with those leopard booties! They are perfect for fall! Loving the blazer as well! Looking great as always Melanie!

    Bold Subtlety 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving!! love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that jacket! The color looks so beautiful with your hair color!

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this outfit on Instagram and had to check out the details of this post. This is probably one of my favourite outfits that I've ever seen you post.

    I'm sure you're enjoying every minute of your trip back home! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    xoxo Jackie
    somethingaboutthatthing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous jacket, such a chic look!

    Justaddcakeuk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so chic and stylish! Love your skirt and the cute cardigan! Glad you got to go home and see your family xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the whole outfit!! The jacket the skirt!!

    Anna Czarina

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just perfect, love!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is so dreamy, and that jacket is incredible! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always make every dressed up outfit look so effortless! Gorgeous, girl :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall