cocktail party


top: zara (recent & on sale!) // skirt: c/o: 424 fifth // shoes: aldo (old) // clutch: h&m (old) // sunglasses: ray-ban // watch: marc by marc jacobs // lipstick: NARS in heatwave 

Happy Monday!
How was your weekend? This weekend was quite busy with the Calgary Stampede starting. I spent the weekend juggling work and going out since we had a friend staying with us for a couple of days. It's crazy how much busier the city gets when the stampede is in town! I love the constant movement.. it reminds me of Toronto on a regular day.

I wore this outfit to a pre-stampede cocktail party hosted by Nordstrom last week. It was a ton of fun since it was by a pool and the weather was surprisingly perfect. It's so exciting that Calgary will be the first city in Canada to have a Nordstrom which is opening on September 19th. I can't wait to see the finished store... she will be a beaut!
As exciting as the event was, It was a huge dilemma for me to think about what to wear to an outdoor cocktail party. Whenever I think about going to parties I always think a dress is an absolute must. This time I wanted to do something a little different and went with a full skirt and top! Still appropriate and super cute for Summer! 

ps. The winner of the Old Navy contest goes to the lovely Annick of Bold Subtlety! Congratulations! Stay tuned tomorrow for another exciting contest.. 



9 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous summery outfit! White always looks so elegant.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super fun event! You look gorgeous I am definitely going to check out their skirts next time I'm at the Bay!

    xo www.mrsjaclynleblanc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the crop top/skirt combo on you! I have yet to try it myself, and I think if I look as good as you doing it, I definitely should! Loving the loose waves in your hair too!

    And I'm so excited I won the Old Navy contest! Thanks again!

    Bold Subtlety 

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top is perfect!

    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw this in my feed, I was so excited to look at your post because I am totally smitten with this look. Like white and floral - such a great combination. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I've always wanted to go to the Calgary Stampede!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you chose the perfect outfit for the event! And I'm totally obsessed with the back of your top!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that top!! The tie back details are so cute :)

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! this outfit looks perfect for my friend’s birthday party and you look very pretty in it. We have already booked one of the Chicago event venues for her party and I think I have finalized the dress as well. Thanks for uploading these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall