that time I went snowshoeing...


photos taken on iPhone! my apologies if they're a little grainy! 

As mentioned in my previous post, we went snowshoeing for the first time over the weekend!
I was initially pretty nervous about it because I've never really been a winter sports person or a winter person in general. I just never grew up doing it and I think it has a lot to do with having foreign parents who grew up in places where snow didn't exist. I'm still a little too nervous to go skiing or snowboarding but I decided this was a good way to slowly ease into it. 
When we were researching it we decided to go with a tour mainly because it was going to take us somewhere that is closed to the public (the reason for the perfectly untouched snow). We went to Fortress Mountain in Kananaskis Country and it's called "the top of the world" for a reason. It's absolutely stunning.  I also felt more comfortable being on a tour as opposed to going on our own because we would have an experienced guide the whole way. I gotta say though, is it ever a workout! Naturally I was super exhausted but whenever I thought I wanted to give up I looked at my surroundings and I couldn't help but feel completely blessed (as cheesy as that sounds) to be around all the beauty. I seriously feel so grateful to live so close to the Rocky Mountains, I live an hour away! 

If you're ever in Banff and want to go snowshoeing I highly recommend this tour that we took! The best part? It was only $75! In my opinion, the views alone are worth the price. Magda our tour guide was absolutely wonderful too. 

Have you ever gone snowshoeing? I'd love to know... I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment

  1. You know, I'm embarrassed to say that my boyfriend bought me snowshoes 4 Christmases ago and I still haven't used them. :( I really need to get out there! But man, what a beautiful setting to go snowshoeing in!! It looks so gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall