Floral Dungarees & Insecurities


dungarees: topshop canada (recent, similar below) // tank: aritzia // heels: zara // watch: michael kors // lipstick: NARS in heatwave 

Oh hello there! It's been a while hasn't it? There's a few reasons for my absence, First of all, I've been all over the place lately with family and so on and although I love being around my family and friends, it'll be good to relax just for a little bit these coming weeks. 

Another big reason for the absence on my blog is that I've been struggling a lot with my appearance. I know that's almost silly to say as a style blogger who posts style outfits of herself all over the Internet, right? I feel like style bloggers place a higher emphasis on their appearance because everyone is looking and judging. Let's be serious ladies, it happens! We judge, we point out flaws, heck theres even a website dedicated to bashing people on the Internet. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. We seem confident and don't get me wrong, a lot of the time I am confident but lately I've been feeling pretty low. 
I recently read Jen's latest post and totally understood what she was going through. Her words really impacted me because although I don't know her personally, I completely understood every word and got teary eyed and just wanted to give her a hug.
I've been struggling a lot with what I'm seeing in the mirror. Of course I've aged and I'm no longer a super tiny 17 year old and I've accepted that. It's hard to actually see changes happen, I've been struggling with a bit of a weight gain, constantly feeling tired which in turn has been showing up on my face and not eating right. I hear myself constantly saying "I look terrible", "Ugh, I'm so fat", " I look ugly". I'm so tired of saying these negative things and I hate how I say it in front of loved ones as well. My boyfriend is so great and is always saying how beautiful I am no matter what. I so wish I believed that all the time. 

I'm determined to make myself believe that every single damn day

Luckily, I have a lot to look forward to, some of my best friends are getting married soon, I'm finally going to take a overseas vacation and take some time to focus on what I love which is blogging! I'm also determined to stop making excuses and treat my body right. Exercise, eating right and sleeping lots! 

Thanks for reading my little rant and although it's rare that I get personal on the blog I just wanted to share that we are all normal and all suffer insecurities. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a message below on how you handle those low days that we all have! I would love to know! xo




5 comments

  1. This look is amazing, I love the print
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh I'm with you (and glad I'm not alone!). Lately I've been noticing fine lines and AGE starting to show up on my face... which is so weird... and eye opening to the fact that we won't be young forever. I try not to dwell, but sometimes it's hard not to. Thanks for opening up, you're definitely not alone!

    BIG HUG from Ottawa, ON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, girl! I am definitely on the same page. Jen's post really resonated with me too and to be honest, I haven't posted an outfit post since last November and it's largely because of things you've mentioned here. I have gained a lot of weight and have been struggling with skin issues and the last thing I wanted to do was take bunch of photos of myself and post them online. It's HARD, but I think blogging makes it even harder. The last few months I've put more of a focus on being healthy and have learned it's a long, slow process, but I'll get there eventually. I think comparing ourselves to others causes the most harm to self esteem, so all we can really do is keep trying to take really good care of ourselves and try to stay positive! That all said, I agree with your boyfriend - yer gorgeous! ;) Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I am almost 51yrs old, been through many stages of insecurities, but I would have to say, it all gets better! Good skin care products help a lot, as well as eating healthy (love my chips in moderation), exercising at least 30mins 3 times a day, and sleep!! You are a beauty by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, meant exercising 30 mins 3 times a week, not per day! ha

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall