The Ultimate Sequin Jacket

Jacket: Anneke Forbes (also comes in another colour here) // tank: club monaco // jeans: gap // boots: aldo // bag: banana republic 

Ever since moving to Calgary almost two years ago (ummm what?!) I've had the pleasure of meeting so many creative, innovative and downright talented individuals. Calgary is full of so much talent in so many industries and one of my favourites is my beautiful friend and fashion designer Anneke Forbes

Anneke's collection is focused on women's outerwear and every piece is made to order and made right here in Calgary. I tell her this all the time, but I'm still so impressed with how talented she is. I mean, I can't even sew a button (true story). This jacket for example, look how beautiful it is!? When I first saw it, I didn't see it clearly and thought it was a quilted pattern made out of a different fabric but imagine my surprise when it was beautiful sequins! It's so beautifully made and like nothing I had ever seen before. It's perfect for the holiday season and I love dressing it up or down. It goes perfect with a pair of jeans or a skirt and heels! It's a piece that will always be in style and in my opinion well worth the investment. 

If you're in the Edmonton area and want to see the collection for yourself, Anneke will be showcasing her collection at the PARK show this Saturday December 5th. She will also have a pop-up shop at Market Collective here in Calgary from December 11th-13th. 

Of course, you can see her BEAUTIFUL collection at www.annekeforbes.com 

I'm a huge believer in shopping locally, it's so important to support local talent whenever you can! 



5 comments

  1. You look amazing Melanie!!! Thank you so much for sharing my work on your blog. You da best :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ,Love it :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I'm definitely going to link to your post when I share my photos of the gold one ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using sequin fabrics in a dresses add stylish party look

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit on you! It suits you very well and the colors are perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall