PORTLAND

The Ace Hotel

So if you're a regular follower of the blog and my Instagram you definitely saw that we made a trip to Portland a few weeks ago! 
It was such a nice getaway and it was so needed. I just feel like I've been so stressed with my life in general (I'm a natural worrier/crazy anxiety/insomniac) and it was a perfect distraction to just get away from it all. We went for 4 days but it was a perfect amount of time to explore this cute city that is only about 2 hours from Calgary!

Here are a few photos from our trip which was basically all EATING and I don't regret ANY of it. I've also added some suggestions below...



FOOD

Voodoo Doughnuts - An absolute must in Portland, the wait wasn't too bad and the doughnuts were literally the size of my face but HEY I was on vacation! Make sure to get the apple fritter... I'm still dreaming about it. 
Pine State Biscuits - I cannot even begin to describe how good these were. I did my research and realized it was essential to go. We waited about 45 min but every bite was worth it. I mean, LOOK at that biscuit! 
Salt & Straw Ice Cream- This was just down the street from Pine State and it was SO good. I had the coconut mint chip whoopie pie flavour and YUP it was perfection. 
Por Que No? I had a craving for tacos (they are my favourite after all) and this place did not disappoint! The location was so quirky! It's definitely worth a visit! 
Pok Pok- So since David and I are MASSIVE fans of Thai food we thought we had to go to this highly recommended place. We went on a really popular night and the wait was CRAZY long but it was in a fun area with plenty to do so we didn't mind. Make sure to get the chicken wings (regular, not spicy) and let them make you some suggestions! We love spicy food but this was some of the spiciest I've ever had. AMAZING, but incredibly spicy. 

THINGS TO DO 

ACE Hotel- We heard it was a cool place and it did not disappoint.  Full of hipsters too ;) 
Alberta Street- Awesome art everywhere and Pine State and Salt & Straw are there! 
Multnomah Falls- We rented a car and headed to see the falls and for a hike. It was fun to go on a hike that wasn't in Alberta and hey it was nice to work off all that food! 
Portland Japanese Garden- I felt like I was actually in a different country. The grounds are beautiful and so peaceful. It was a little busy for my liking for the time we went. I would suggest going right in the morning! 

That's about it my friends! It was the perfect long weekend getaway. Have you been to Portland? Any places you loved? I'd love to know!

Ps. we stayed at the Hotel Modera! I highly recommend! 




1 comment

  1. Looks like a blast! Will have to put it on the must-visit list!

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall