Stampede Style


dress: zara (similar below) // shoes: aldo (old) // bag: vintage find from value village // sunglasses: valley eyewear 

As some of you may know, The Calgary Stampede is a huge event here in Calgary. 
People visit from all over the world and I feel pretty lucky to be about a 10 minute walk to the grounds. I'm not a huge diehard fan of the event since I'm not a big fan of country music or some of the rodeo but I do love the food and the fashion. 

The fashion can be quite questionable and uninspiring. Sure, wearing shorts, cowboy boots and a plaid shirt is good and all but I think stepping out from the norm is much better. I found this dress during the Zara sale and was on the fence about it but when I got it in person I was obsessed. I love the fit, the length and how it kind of has a vintage vibe. I didn't immediately think it would be good for Stampede but I went for it and i'm so glad I did! I got a ton of compliments while I was the grounds and it felt great! 

Also, how cute is this bag? The straw bag trend is here to stay I'd say and when I found this cute little find while at Value Village a few months back for $5 I knew I needed it. This find and the fact that so many of you find such great things makes me think I should go there more often. 

Other dresses I love...


1 comment

  1. Love this look, Melanie! The dress is darling on you and that straw bag is such a great find. Whenever I'm in the mood to thrift, Value Village is my first stop. I almost never leave empty handed!

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall