rediscovering my closet and myself


jacket: club monaco // tee: club monaco // dress: club monaco (old) // boots: frye // sunglasses: karen walker 

I've been trying to be smarter when it comes to my clothing choices. I make sure it's something I will actually wear again and that is more classic as opposed to trend. This dress did not follow that rule. I simply bought it because I loved it and it kinda reminded me of pyjamas in the best way possible. 

Since animal print is making a comeback I thought I'd bust it out again. Good thing I did since a lot of people were actually asking where I got it from. I'm also really loving this combat boot and dresses trend. GOODBYE to heels! In all seriousness, I still really love heels but flat boots are the bomb.com. 

///

I'm going to get serious again for a bit. I haven't been feeling all that great this past week. I don't know about you guys, but I have a hard time letting go of things. Whether it's something someone said,  certain friendships or work related things etc. I've always had a hard time with it. I also have a hard time forgiving myself and moving on with my life. I guess I'm being pretty vague but what I'm trying to say is I'm very hard on myself. I'm constantly trying to please people and I don't really think about what pleases me. I'm always trying to be the good person and when someone doesn't agree with me or doesn't necessarily like me I take it very hard. 

A few days ago, I was going through a rough time since something from my past crept up on me and I realized I wasn't fully over it. I kept focusing on the negative instead of the positives in my life. A few of you lovely friends messaged me and gave me all sorts of tips. I'm really thinking of creating a gratitude journal where I can write down 3 things I'm grateful for in a day and when I'm feeling low I can look back on it and smile. A few of you mentioned meditation which is something I've actually never tried so I can't really hate on it. I did follow one thing immediately and that was to stop feeling sorry for myself and go out with a friend and enjoy myself. I did exactly that and it felt so good! 

I also think it's OKAY to ask for help. To know you're not perfect and its perfectly OKAY to talk to someone. I know it's always hard for me at first but after it just feels like a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I feel like myself again. Thank you to all of you who helped me a few days ago. Some of you I've never met and some of you are high school and university friends. I really cherish what we have and I cherish this online community I partake in everyday. 

I'll follow up on some of the tips you guys have given me on how to stay positive!

Have a great Monday!


No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall