Green Velvet Suit


suit: alice + olivia // earrings: club monaco // heels: zara 

I know I say this often, but this may be one of my favourite outfits of ALL time. 
I have always been a fan of a power suit and I would always rather opt for pants then a dress or skirt. When I saw this suit while doing a pull for my Saks partnership, I knew it would be perfect. Alice +  Olivia just gets me. I have become a huge fan of the brand, I just love their use of colour and pattern and how they're not afraid to go outside the box. This suit is honestly p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n. 

When I wore it out to take these photos I did get a few stares. I don't think Calgary is quite ready when it comes to a head to toe green velvet suit. I love Calgary but the city is a tad behind or maybe not behind but more conservative when it comes to fashion. I grew up in small town Ontario but had easy access to Toronto and Toronto is quite different in terms of fashion. I don't think I would get any stares while wearing this there. It is fun to wear something like this around Calgary though! Gotta keep em' guessing right? ;) 

This suit would be so perfect for a Christmas or New Years party. I love the idea of just wearing the blazer and nothing else but would look equally as great with a silk cami as well for a more conservative look. 

What do you think of a green velvet suit? Also, how is it ALMOST Christmas?! It's insane... I haven't finished shopping yet either... THE STRESS.


2 comments

  1. I like this Green velvet dress. No doubt, this is the perfect New Year dress.

    ReplyDelete

  2. You need to kill time, you need entertainment. Refer to our website. hope you get the most comfort.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    visit our website


    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall