lets talk about kindness


dress: club monaco // bag: kayu // sunglasses: c/o bonlook // shoes: zara 

Ahhh, it's August and the long weekend has come and passed. I feel like it went by so fast but it was so much fun and a much needed rest from everyday life. 

You must be wondering what the subject line of this post is all about. A few days ago, I experienced someone taking advantage of my kindness and it left me feeling a bit off. I've experienced this throughout my life as I always try to see the best in others and I sometimes choose to ignore the warning signs even when they are super obvious. I always try to help them in anyway I can. I also think that there is a certain vulnerability that I give off and it's something I need to work on. I get emotionally attached and sometimes it's just in your best interest to let it go as it's a lost cause. Sometimes you cross paths with someone who doesn't see things the same way and yeah... it's not cool. I try to brush it off as best as I can but I'm not one of those people. Things linger in my head and I always overanalyze every situation. What made she/he do this? Why do they continue to treat you this way? Why do you let this happen? The list goes on. 

I didn't let my negative experience get in the way of my weekend though and I ended up having such a great time. If you follow me on Instagram you'll notice that I went to BC and it was beyond beautiful. Also, can we seriously talk about this dress? Obviously, it screamed Melanie and I had to have it! These were shot on a particularly beautiful day here in YYC and provided for the biggest smile I have on my face! It also reminds me to let the negative behaviour go and SMILE! 

Have you experienced this before? - how do you handle it? I'd love to know your thoughts. 


1 comment

  1. Sometimes people say and do things they really shouldn’t and in the moment do not consider the severity to the hurt they may be causing someone else. You are beautiful and wonderful, do not allow the opinions, judgments and bad decisions/lack of respect of others to interfere or alter the person you are. Keep being you because it’s beautiful. XO.

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall