the best couscous & kabobs

 The other day I decided to experiment a little bit for dinner. I've actually never had couscous before this recipe and it was about time I did. I found this recipe on the box and the result was delicious! It calls for fresh, healthy ingredients.. whats not to love? 

 For the couscous you will need: 

  • 1 cup of couscous (I used the PC Marrakech couscous)
  • 1/4 cup of roasted garlic olive oil (I just roasted garlic and mixed it with olive oil) 
  • 1 cup of chicken stock (use the healthier version)
  • 1 cup of chopped cherry/grape tomatoes 
  • 1/2 cup of chopped green onions 
  • 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley 
  • 1 tbsp of lemon juice 

  1.  In small saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Place couscous in large bowl. Pour hot chicken stock over. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes
  2.  Fluff couscous with a fork. One at a time, stir in tomatoes, green onions, oil, parsley and lemon juice
  3. You're done!

 For the kabobs we really just threw it all together. Since the boyfriend and I are not the biggest fan of veggies I stuck to red peppers, onion and mushrooms. You can put anything you desire but thats what we did. 
For the marinade, I used a garlic and herb marinade from PC (lazy I know) but my lovely blogger friend Miss Kait has a wonderful recipe here, that is DELICIOUS and would work wonderfully for these kabobs. The only reason I stuck to something quick was because I had no time to keep it marinading.

It was an amazing dinner that I'm definately going to try again! 

ENJOY!

4 comments

  1. I may need to try this out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! now that you've dipped into couscous, maybe experiment with quinoa? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quinoa is next!! I've always wanted to try that too!!

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall