Family Time



shirt: zara // jeans: zara // shoes: soludos c/o shopbop // sunglasses: karen walker // watch: michael kors 

I've had a series of highs and lows since being back from Barbados. 
On the high side, it's been gorgeous lately (minus this past weekend), I've had some exciting projects in the works, planning visits with family, going to see Rihanna (my girl) and just enjoying getting back into the swing of things. 

On the low side, I found out my grandfather (my Abuelito) in Mexico sadly passed away. He was such an amazing person, so positive and full of love. He wasn't able to walk towards the end but his character never went away. I'm not one to discuss my private life on here but I thought I should say this as you may be wondering why I will be absent from the blog this week. I immediately felt terrible the moment I found out as I actually haven't been back to see my family for 7 and a bit years. Crazy I know, life just got in the way and I feel so sad I couldn't see him before. My mom and I were just discussing how I needed to go visit while we were in Barbados. I just felt intense regret and it's not a great feeling. I just keep reminding myself that he knew I loved him and he is now in a better place where he can walk again and feel no pain.
I made the decision to go visit for the week and I am so grateful I have the opportunity to go. Family is absolutely everything and although I'm going back for sad reasons it will be great to catch up with everyone who means so much to me. 

I will be absent from the blog this week and just enjoying Mexico and my family. I will be back to business next Monday and as always, thank you so much for reading. I truly appreciate all the support! 
If you haven't seen your family in a while, pick up the phone, book a train, flight, car whatever and make it happen. Family is absolutely everything and time is not always on our side. Enjoy every moment my friends. 

I'll leave you with a quote from one of my favourite Mexican artists Frida Kahlo: 

"Pies, Para qué los quiero si tengo alas para volar?" 

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?" 


te quiero abuelito 

3 comments

  1. Big hugs Melanie! It's sad that the death of a loved one is often what snaps us away from our busy lives and back to the importance of family. Really happy to hear you'll be able to see the rest of your family in Mexico while celebrating your grandfather's life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm sending you a virtual hug <3
    I can't imagine how hard it must be to live so far away from your family. I'm sure that even though it's not a happy occasion, your family will be glad to see you.

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my love! Though you are going back for sad reasons, I hope you have some really wonderful (and much needed) family time. Thinking of you sweet girl :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall