holiday dressing


coat: club monaco (sold out) // shirt: club monaco // skirt: club monaco // booties: aldo (old) // 

Ahhh, it's the most wonderful time of the year! 
You know, CHRISTMAS! I honestly cannot believe it's almost here. It can be a pretty stressful and busy time but one of my favourite things is dressing up for holiday parties!

Ironically enough, I didn't have that many holiday parties to attend this year but I did go see the Nutcracker the other night with my girlfriends for the first time and it was magical (as corny as that sounds). Seriously though, I shed a tear watching the Sugar Plum Fairy solo... I have such a love for dance and the arts and it just got to me! Life long dream watching that! Anyway, this is what I wore to the ballet and it put me in the holiday spirit! 

This skirt is just fabulous, I don't think I've ever seen a faux leather (or real leather) embroidered skirt. The detailing is so intricate and perfect for the holidays. You can totally dress this down with sneakers and a sweater too! Oh and if you're thinking "damn, Mel must be cold" and yes are correct, I was frozen BUT... bless Calgary for being SLIGHTLY warmer this week! Seriously, the two weeks we had of absolutely freezing weather was NOT fun. 

Happy almost Christmas! 

2 comments

  1. That skirt is SO darling! I mean, how perfect is it for Christmas and things like the Nutcracker!?

    The Adored Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come home and dress me. The nutcracker is definitely on my list of things to do.

    xo, Kait
    www.teacupsandthings.com

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall