PALM SPRINGS with a major side of CACTI



dress: aritzia // sandals: sam edelman c/o shopbop // sunglasses: toms // earrings: c/o TALEE (made here in calgary!) 

First off, I just want to say THANK YOU for all your kind words, your DM's and all the love on my last post. It was so incredibly hard to be that vulnerable but I felt like I needed to be honest with all of you. I'm so glad I took that break and truly took the time to focus on my mental health. I'm so happy to be back and stronger than ever! I'm also so glad to be back to blogging. 

A week or so after I got back from Calgary, David and I decided to take some time for ourselves and take a mini vacation. I've always wanted to go to Palm Springs and since this girl hasn't seen the hot sun in a VERY long time, we thought it was a good place to go! We only went for 4 days but it was so beautiful. It was exactly what we needed. 

In the little time that I had to research (I'm that crazy traveller that researches everything before I go) I knew I wanted to go to the Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium. I've always been obsessed with cacti. I like to say I have loved them before they became "trendy". I'm also pretty proud to say that I've kept a lot of my plants alive for over 5 years. If you ever go to Palm Springs, you HAVE to go here! It is family run, and it's an absolute dream. It is SO BEAUTIFUL! I swear, I wish I could get married there... not even joking haha. 

Speaking of beautiful, how amazing are my earrings? I've been an admirer of TALEE earrings for quite some time so when owner Lorraine wanted me to try them out I was so happy! It's so amazing to see a Calgary designer doing so well. I'm a huge advocate of supporting local and let me tell you, these are some of the most beautiful earrings I've ever worn. 

Also you may not be able to notice but I was slowly dying from the heat in these photos. The Palm Springs heat is NO joke! It's a gorgeous place but damn I have never been somewhere so hot! 

Thank you as always for reading and stay tuned for more on Palm Springs!




No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall