seeing spots and an update...


top & bottom: free people // sneakers: club monaco // bracelet: tiffany & co 

Ahhh, it's been a little while hasn't it? 
I took some much needed time away from all things social media while my family was here visiting and it was so nice to unplug. 
It was such a great week having my mom, my brother and my aunt visiting. The only thing that was really unfortunate was the fact that Alberta has been affected by the BC wildfires and as a result, the air is so smoky and the mountain views were basically non existent. My aunt was still so happy to be here as she had come from Mexico and had only been to Toronto in the past. 
I was overcome by sadness the other day when they left . It was just one of those days where I felt completely alone and homesick. I was getting used to my mom being around me and when I came home to an empty apartment everything just got to me. 

As previously said in a few posts back, I do suffer from severe anxiety and mild depression and although I believe I have it under control...some days it can still get to me. Some days, I cry and I don't really know why. Sometimes I get upset about things I've done in the past and can't let it go. I'm really hard on myself. What I've come to realize is that sometimes you just gotta let it go. Let go of expectations, let go of comparisons, let go of all things negative and focus on what you have in your life. What makes YOU happy, without having anyone else to influence you. Someone I knew once said to me "make the most of what you have. Stop thinking "what if"and appreciate what you have".  I'm really trying to take those words to heart and have read that message they sent me many times over. Reading some Rupi Kaur doesn't hurt either!

Last night, I did something I hadn't done in a while. I went to my local coffee shop and just sat there by myself and sipped my coffee. I used to do that all the time and somehow I stopped. It was therapeutic to just get out of the house and do something for me. I then went for a walk and it just felt good. I got home and I felt much more relaxed instead of anxious. 

I also really haven't taken care of myself which can contribute to my episodes of sadness and anxiety. I'm determined to be healthier, drink more water and EXERCISE! I've been slacking lately and I feel like it shows. If you feel good on the inside it shows on the outside!

Thank you for taking the time to read and have a great day! 

Shop my post here: 


No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall