Feeling "Triumph"ant


You guys, this post was really hard for me to do. 
Why you ask? Well, if you follow me on Snap (if you don't it's @melanie.morais) I confessed that these photos were a tad out of my comfort zone. It may sound weird coming from a blogger but I'm a pretty private/shy person and these were a little different for me. I so wish I had some magical confidence but when it comes to this kind of stuff I'm extremely shy so bear with me :) 

As mentioned in my last Triumph post, I love how these bras fit and the fact that I knew they fit well really helped to boost my confidence in taking these photos. I'm being totally honest here when I say the Amourette bra is one of the best I've ever worn. It totally conforms to your shape and since I received them a month or so ago they haven't lost shape or made me feel uncomfortable with the underwire as some other bras do. You know that feeling at the end of the day where you cannot wait to take your bra off? Well this one actually doesn't make you feel that way, it's completely comfortable, I could sleep in it... Ok, well I wouldn't actually but if I accidentally fell asleep wearing it It wouldn't be uncomfortable haha. 

Anywho, I thought since I gathered up the courage to take these photos I thought I'd share some tips on how I gain confidence: 

SMILE! I know it seems pretty simple but when you smile even if you don't feel the greatest you trick your body into feeling happier and more confident. Smiling also releases endorphins and seratonin which are proven to make you feel better. I've personally been complimented on several occasions about my pictures and how I'm always smiling. I wish I could be one of those bloggers that  has a "blue steel" kind of look but I always feel silly looking like that, I can't pull it off! So smiling it is! 

BE POSITIVE! Seems pretty self explanatory right? When you think positively, you feel confident it's as easy as that. If you constantly feel negative it will show. My mom always told me that negativity wasn't attractive and it's so true. Obviously we all feel negative at one point or another but make it a goal to think positive. It's funny, when I'm having an "off day" and taking outfit photos they are almost instantly trashed. I'm so guilty of saying "I'm so fat" on the regular which is terrible. I'm learning though, instead of saying that out loud I go to the gym and even if I'm only there for a little bit I feel great. 

GIVE YOURSELF A PEP TALK! It sounds silly but when you're feeling down or nervous or any uneasy feeling, give yourself a pep talk and tell yourself that you're smart, you're worth it, you're beautiful whatever it is and if you repeat it to yourself in front of the mirror you'll eventually realize it's TRUE! Yay for positivity! 

What do you do to feel confident? I would love to know! 

ps. For all my Wild West ladies, Triumph is available at Nordstrom YYC! 
Be sure to check out Triumph on Insta and Facebook! 

Thank you to Triumph for sponsoring this post! All views and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog! :) 


1 comment

  1. You're gorgeous! I totally get what you mean about this kind of thing being out of your comfort zone too…when I did those Fortnight photos with Anneke I got all jittery posting them haha. It's so funny because it's much more than a bikini would cover, but still…there's something so much more personal about putting your knickers up on the internet for all to see! Well, I think you did an amazing job. Love everything about this post, and YOU! xx

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall