polka dots and the act of forgiveness


blazer: c/o frank & oak womens // top: topshop // pants: club monaco // shoes: club monaco // earrings: club monaco // sunglasses: karen walker 

So you must be wondering what's going on with the title of my blog post. Well yes, I'm wearing a hella lot of polka dots (this may be one of my favourite outfits EVER) but I also wanted to talk about something that has been on my mind on a while- Forgiveness. 

What do you guys think about the topic? I know it depends on the situation but I truly feel in order to move on with your life or any challenge going on... you must be willing to forgive. I am naturally very hard on myself and take things very personally. I hate knowing someone is unhappy with me whether it be personally, professionally or anything. I am also naturally a perfectionist, I hate to show weakness (am I an Aries or what?). I read a quote that I really liked by Mahatma Gandhi and it goes as follows: 

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong". 

I grew up in a very religious household so maybe it influenced me a bit but I do believe people deserve to be forgiven and given a second chance. We all go through issues, we all go tough times and although I'm thankful mine are behind me it is still hard. I'm curious, what do you guys think about forgiveness? Do you find it easy to forgive? I'm guilty of holding grudges but I do believe that in order to be happy in your life and be willing to love we must forgive. It's something I'm contineiously working on and I can 100% say that when you do forgive, you are ultimately happier and can focus on your life now and not the past. 

Alright.... that got pretty deep not going to lie. If you came here to see the polka dots...aren't they amazing!? I was going to wear this to a local fashion event here in Calgary but unfortunately could not make it. I decided to brighten up my Tuesday and wore the most EXTRA outfit! I actually thought it would be a little too much but I did get lots of compliments so I think it's good! haha 

Any who, I'd love to know your opinion on the topic of forgiveness.... feel free to leave me a comment below! 


No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall