2016


dress: zara // turtleneck: c/o: joe fresh // tights: joe fresh // bag: rebecca minkoff c/o: shopbop // shoes: aldo 

It's 2016!
I took a little blog hiatus to truly enjoy the holidays with my little family. It was the first holiday season we've spent here in Alberta without seeing our family back east or in Barbados. It was kind of sad and really different but it was also nice to have our own little traditions. These past two weeks were spent relaxing, going on road trips to the mountains and watching endless amounts of holiday movies and Netflix. Seriously, I can't stop watching Scandal! 

With all that relaxation and eating more yummy food than I should have, I'm glad to be back to the world of blogging and getting back into a routine (including the gym!).  One of my goals lately was to stop spending as much as I used to on clothes and I've been trying to stick to that goal. I last wore this dress back in September when it was still decently warm outside. I knew I would wear it with tights later on but I wanted it to be a little more winter appropriate and my trusty black turtleneck was the best layering piece. I wore it all day and it was super warm! 

Ps. How cute is my new little Rebecca Minkoff bag? I decided to get it after months of staring at it online. It's the perfect piece to wear going out, whether it be a date or a night out with your girls. Oh and it fits your phone (if you're wondering!) 

As always, Thank you for reading the past year and hope you'll come back to see what's new in 2016! 

Other RM bags I love....


2 comments

  1. Happy New Year!! It's always weird and bittersweet to stray from traditions...but I'm sure you both had a good time. Also, when you DO go back to visit your families, I'm sure it will be even more special.

    Also...loving the dress AND the bag!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!! It's true, always gotta look on the bright side ;) Hope your sunny trip was awesome! xo

      Delete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall