faux suede dress


jacket: zara // dress: aritzia // turtleneck: joe fresh // tights: joe fresh // booties: aldo // sunglasses: karen walker 

Oh hi there, it's been a while hasn't it? 
I totally apologize for the lack of posting but if you follow me on Snapchat you'd know that Calgary experienced quite a shift in weather (ahem, blizzard) and it just wasn't fun to be taking pictures in the straight up cold. I've also been feeling pretty stressed out lately due to variety of reasons so I just thought that taking some time to myself was a good thing. 

It's a weird thing, anxiety and stress. Some days, I feel great and can conquer the world and some days, I don't want to get out of bed. I'm sure we all experience this right? This was the case for me this past weekend. I don't know if it was the weather or situations bringing me down or what.  I'm constantly hard on myself and I know when I'm doing it and I know when I should stop but it's hard.  I guess it's the perfectionist in me. It's just hard not having exactly what you want in life and always wanting more or wanting something you know you can't have...

 I was recently watching Chelsea on Netflix (highly recommend her show btw, she makes me laugh so much but she also talks about serious issues in the world) and she was asking a guest what they liked about themselves/life and what they didn't. It seems like a simple question but when asked it definitely makes you think. I recently wrote down what I liked and what I didn't like about myself and it actually helped. It makes you realize what you already have in life and makes you appreciate yourself a lot more. 

What do you think? What helps you get through those anxious times? 

ps. I realize I didn't talk about my outfit at all, but how great is this dress from Aritzia? I got it on super sale online and I'm just obsessed with the colour! It's so perfect! 

1 comment

  1. I think we all struggle with ourselves, what we want, if we're achieving our goals etc... I know I do. But we live in a world where people only show the perfect, glossed over side of themselves in social media. And the weather has been gloooomy. This dress however, looks great. Hope to see you soon. xo

    ReplyDelete

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall