choosing happiness


Coat: aritzia // sweater: club monaco // jeans: gap // boots: doc martens // sunglasses: karen walker // nuggz coat: canada pooch

Since I haven't been able to take outfit photos due to the extreme cold we've been having, I thought I'd share some personal photos we took a few weeks back at Two Jack Lake. 
Heading to the mountains is one of my favourite things to do with living out West. It literally takes all my anxiety and stress away. Anything that is currently bothering me in my life just suddenly goes away when I see the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and breathing that fresh and yes very cold air. 

I'm not going to lie, I haven't been necessarily perfect these past few months. I am very hard on myself and despite all the advice I get, I continuously look at my past and get bothered by my past actions, decisions and thoughts. I try my best to look towards the future and ultimately LET GO of what I can no longer change. What is in the past should stay in the past and as much as it can hurt, it makes you who you are and hopefully stronger. 

The other day, I kind of just decided that I was choosing happiness. I will no longer let my past get to me. This past week I've focused on myself, my work, my education (which is going great by the way), my friendships, my relationship and my family. You know what? I feel better. I've focused less on things that used to bother me, stopped looking at things that made me feel bad... which means unfollowing accounts that didn't "spark joy" HAHA and breathed a sigh of relief. 

Your past is what makes you who you are. You either grow from it, become stronger, better or let it get to you for the rest of your life. I just won't let that happen. Life is too short to be sad, to be depressed and to not live the life you want to live. 

So if you're reading this and are going through the same things... know that you are not alone. We are human after all. We always strive for perfection but it's simply not possible. Let go, forgive yourself, be easy on yourself and be happy with the blessings you currently have. 

On another note, HOW ADORABLE is my baby Nugget?! God I love her so much!! and yes, I tried my absolute hardest finding a jacket for her so she can match with me. I'M THAT GIRL! haha 

Have an amazing Thursday!

As always, thank you for reading! 



No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall