mountain therapy


poncho: lolë // shirt: zara // jeans: gap // sunglasses: karen walker // boots: frye 

Ever since moving to Alberta about 5 years ago (crazy),  the mountains have always been a therapeutic place for me. The beauty of these amazing Rocky Mountains never ceases to amaze me. I just love the fresh air and the complete disconnect from social media, it's so refreshing.

A few weeks ago, we took a trek to Peyto Lake and we were lucky enough to get the beautiful location completely to ourselves for about a half hour. It's super rare, even in the winter to get such a beautiful spot completely to yourself so we definitely took advantage. 

With the year almost done, I thought about everything that's happened in 2016 and not going to lie, it hasn't been the best year. There has been unfortunately more down's then up's and it's easy to blame certain things in your life. What I've realized is that you yourself are in charge of your happiness in your life and no one else. It's corny to say, but if you are not happy with something the only person who can change it is you! It's easier said then done of course but I'm hopeful that 2017 will be a better year. I've set goals both personal and professional that I want to accomplish and I'm a pretty determined person so I'm going to make sure that they are done. 

In the meantime, these mountains and those closest to me have helped a lot with my anxiety and have  helped me see the positives. I've learned to open up to those closest to me when in the past I've been pretty reserved. I mean, I'm still a very reserved person but I'm learning to open up! So to my friends that have helped me deal with all my "dramz" thank you! 

What do you do to deal with stress? I'm lucky to have my mountain therapy! I'd love to know your tips! 


No comments

Post a Comment

© melanie liliana
Maira Gall